Pankaj Tripathi Biography
Pankaj Tripathi is an Indian film actor. Pankaj Tripathi was born in Gopalganj, Bihar. The mother and father of Pakaj are farmers.
Pakaj is the initial study from Patna. He started acting in the theatre of Patna from college days. He then enrolled in the National School of Drama to take up acting training.
Pankaj Tripathi Career
Pakaj Tripathi started his career in the year 2004 with Abhishek Bachchan and role Chawla starrer film run. He played the role of a thief in the film. He also played the role of villain in many films. Today, Pankaj Tripathi’s name is counted among the finest Bollywood actors.
Subscribe YouTube Channel
Interesting information about Pankaj Tripathi
- Does Pankaj Tripathi smoke?: Yes
- Does Pankaj Tripathi drink alcohol?: Not known
- He was born in a small village in Belsanad in Gopalganj, Bihar.
- His father is a farmer and a person of religious nature.
- In his childhood, he joined the RSS and remained in various branches.
- He was not familiar with films till 10th standard as he did not have TV and the nearest theatre was 20 kms away from his village.
- Since childhood, he has been a trend towards acting and played the role of a girl in the Chhath festival programme in the village. After receiving primary education, his father had sent him to Patna for further study.
While studying in Patna, he joined ABVP and began to participate in student movements.
- He was an active student leader at Patna College and was also a speaker.
- He is also a good player and he represented his college in high jumps and 100 meters sprints.
- He did a course in hotel management and worked as a chef for two years at the hotel Maurya in Patna.
- After seeing the Proceum Theatre “Blind Kuan” composed by Laxminarayan Lal, he was very impressed, after watching the show, he cried a lot.
- When he was in Patna, he was very attracted to art, which led him to visit many drama programmes and theatres, which led him to gradually become fascinated by the act. He was friends with bicycles, auto-users and petty artists and sought opinions about his act.
- In the year 1995, he was first seen in the drama “Leela Nandal” based on the story of Bhishma Sahni, directed by Vijay Kumar (NSD Pass Out). Where he was given a very small role of a local thief in the play. Which was greatly appreciated by the audience and the media.
- After the year 1996, Pankaj Tripathi became a regular theatre artist and for 4 years he did theatre.
- In the year 2001, he gave the National School of Drama examination and was elected.
- From 2001 to 2004, he studied at NSD.
After NSD, he returned to Patna and did theatre for 4 months.
- On October 16, 2004, he moved to Mumbai with his wife to fulfill his acting aspirations.
- From 2004 to 2010, he did many small roles in television and an advertisement of Tata Tea.
- His wife started reading at Gregaon in Mumbai.
- His first appearance in the film was the film “Run” of the year 2004 starring Abhishek Bachchan and Vijay Raaz.
- In the year 2010, he played a key role in a TV programme called “Gual” aired on Star Plus.
- During the shooting of the Gual drama, he was summoned by casting director Mukesh Chhabra to audition for Anurag Kashyap’s film “Gongs of Vasapur”. The actors were Manoj Vajpayee, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Rajkumar Rao, Richa Chadda, Huma Qureshi, Vineet Kumar Singh, etc. Initially, Anurag was not happy with his audition. However, pankaj Tripathi was given the role of “Sultan” after being convinced by Mukesh Chhabra.
- He received a lot of appreciation from the audience and critics in the role of “Sultan” in the film gongs of Vasapur.
- After the success of the film gongs of Vasapur, they started getting proposals from several filmmakers.
Pankaj Tripathi received a lot of appreciation from critics and audiences from the best of the films in films like Fukare, Manjhi: The M maan and Maasan.
Subscribe YouTube Channel
Pankaj Tripathi History
Pankaj Tripathi is a popular Actor of Bollywood. These days, hits are going on in Bollywood. Whether it is ‘Carpet Bhaya’ of Mirzapur or ‘Guru Ji’ of Sacred Games-2. Every character he plays is settled in the minds of the people.
But Pankaj credits his skills to Manoj Bajpai.
He says that Manoj Bajpai is Dronacharya for him. And that Eklavya. And all these things he did somewhere on Kapil Sharma’s chat show.
In fact, actors Manoj Bajpai, Pankaj Tripathi, Pankaj, Kumar had come to promote the coming book ‘My Remembrance Again’.
Just here, there was a funny anecdote about Silsila and Pankaj Tripathi, who also got emotional.
On the show, Manoj Bajpai said that many years ago when he went to Patna to shoot. Then Pankaj Tripathi had picked up his sandal.
About which Pankaj himself told him. Pankaj said that the point is something else. He said,
“At that time, I was a kitchen supervisor at a hotel in Patna. When I found out that Manoj was staying at our hotel, I became very much acquired. I used to do theatre at that time.
I told everyone that i would only deliver whatever order would come from their room. I have been a big fan of Manoj Bajpai. I went to order in their room. Shook hands and told me that I also do theatre etc.
When he walked out of the hotel room, someone told me that Manoj had left his slippers in the room. I said don’t return it to Lost & Found. I will keep it as blessings and memorable. If, like Eklavya, I can put my foot in his pattu.
Subscribe YouTube Channel
Just by saying that Pankaj Tripathi got emotional. You can see these videos below:
1. Boy Manoj of the adjacent village
In an interview, Pankaj Tripathi had said that Manoj Bajpai’s film ‘Satya’ was released in his village Belsanad. Manoj was praised in the village and became a superstar.
Then Pankaj thought that the boy of the adjacent village Champaran (Manoj Bajpai’s village) could become an actor, so why not. Then he started dreaming of becoming an actor.
2. Had to go to jail for seven days
1993. Pankaj was a college student and was associated with the All India Students’ Council. Bihar was then headed by Lalu Prasad Yadav’s government. He had participated in the demonstration against the state government. And then cut 7 days in jail.
Pankaj said in the interview that he spent the most time in the prison library. From there, his Hindi created a tendency towards literature.
3. Passed in NSD’s test for the third time
Pankaj had moved to Patna for further studies after high school. That’s where he started the theater. But he wanted to learn acting too. He decided to learn acting from NSD (National School of Drama).
But there is a need to have a graduation to enrol. But he had taken the hotel management course only after 12th. He graduated in Hindi literature. Thereafter, he took admission in NSD.
According to reports, he gave the test twice but could not pass. After giving the test for the third time, he was admitted.
4. When there were just Rs 10 in the pocket
After leaving NSD in 2004, Pankaj turned up for Mumbai. In an interview to The Times of India, he said,
“I arrived in Mumbai on October 16, 2004. Then I had Rs 46,000. But on August 25, I had just Rs 10 in my pocket.
I remember these dates still well today. Because it was the wife’s birthday in that day. And I didn’t have the money to buy the cake,” he said.
He says that his car had been creeping up in Mumbai for 10 years. His situation improved somewhat after films like Run, Kidnapping.
5. Used to call girlfriends from landline
Pankaj Tripathi has a love marriage with Mridula Tripathi. In an interview to DNA, Pankaj said about his marriage,
“My sister was about to get married. His in-laws said he wanted to build a toilet in the house before marriage.
It’s a pre-time talk of ‘Toilet Ek Prem Katha’. A friend of mine went to sister-in-laws to see what the restroom was becoming. He saw a girl there, which he returned to. I was just loving hearing about him.
We got married 11 years later. But from 1993 to 2004, the time was very different. Then there used to be no mobile. And I couldn’t even write to him, because there was a fear that no one else would fall into the house. No one else should read them.
In the meantime, the drama went to school. There used to be a land line call. Her house also had a land line phone. We decided that I would call 7.30am and 8 pm every night,” he said.
Pankaj says that this lasted for a long time before marriage. The two married in 2004. Pankaj and Mridula are parents to a daughter.